The IRD are in the process of replacing their mainframe system and improving their business processes. This year's outage is scheduled for 1500 Thursday 9 April 2020 through morning of 16 April 2020. Online and phone services are unavailable through this time.
The main payroll related benefits you will see are:
- KiwiSaver contributions and deductions will get to providers faster
- PAYE payments will be allocated and reconciled faster
- Your account in myIR will be easier to understand
- Notifications from the IRD will be in a better format.
- Student Loan notifications will be faster
You can read more here: https://www.ird.govt.nz/about-us/business-transformation