Last Updated 20 November 2020
The General Terms below are legal terms that serve to protect us and make clear the privacy terms that will apply to users of KeyLink's Services. These terms below are here to give you a simple explanation of what the General Terms mean in plain English. However, these plain English terms are not legally binding and the General Terms are still the legal terms that will apply in a legal dispute.
KeyLink stores your personal information when you use our Services. Because of this, KeyLink takes on the legal responsibilities that come with storing this information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
You have the right to access, amend and delete the personal information you supply to us.
You have certain obligations which you have to maintain as a user of KeyLink Services.
KeyLink prides itself on keeping your personal information safe – we provide a high level of data security and encryption when you access and use our Services.
When you click on a third-party link to another site that is not operated by us, we have no control over or responsibility for the content or privacy policies of these other sites.
The nature of the Services requires that individuals using the Services disclose to KeyLink personal information relating to them.
We only collect information that is:
• Necessary for the purposes of the Services,
• For the performance of a contract of which you are a party,
• Necessary for which you have given consent for such processing of your data, or
• Required for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
The type of personal information we collect or which we may hold about you may include, but is not limited to:
• Full legal name;
• Phone number;
• Email address;
• Date of birth;
• Ethnic origin;
• IRD Number;
• Tax code;
• Kiwisaver information;
• Bank account information;
• Deduction information ( Ministry of Justice, WINZ, IRD, Payday lenders, Stats NZ);
• Pay rate;
• Pay Slips;
• KeyLink system usage information including answers to questionnaires, responses clicked and features used;
• Location information (where you are using location-based features and location settings have been activated on your device);
• Any other personal information that is reasonably required by KeyLink to carry on business; and
• Any other personal information that is required or allowed to be collected under the Privacy Act 1993, Privacy Act 2020 and applicable regulations.
You have no obligation to provide KeyLink with any personal information that is requested by us. However, due to the nature of the Services, if you choose not to provide us with such information, we will be unable to provide you with the full benefit of our Services.
We collect your personal information in the following ways:
• When you provide us with information in order for us to proceed with any form of application/registration;
• When we receive information from your employer;
• When we receive information from government agencies;
• When we receive information you provide on our website;
• When we receive information provided by e-mail;
• When we collect information publicly available on the internet;
• When we collect Tracking information collected using cookies; and
• When we verify identity and residential address.
We understand the importance of using your personal information in a responsible and secure manner. Your personal information may only be used by KeyLink under the following circumstances:
• to identify you when you register and login into any KeyLink account;
• the operation and maintenance of your KeyLink account and or registration;
• to enable us to operate the Services and provide it to you as requested;
• payment processing;
• dealing with requests, enquiries, complaints, and other customer services;
• to analyse the Website and information about users, including research into our user demographics and user behaviour in order to improve our content and Services;
• to contact you about your account and provide customer service support, including responding to your comments and questions;
• to keep you informed about the Services, features and offers we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us;
• to sell or market KeyLink products and services to you;
• to comply with any legal, government or regulatory obligation;
• interacting with organisations that KeyLink has a business relationship with for the purpose of enabling the performance of the Services or other services you expressly require;
• to better understand your needs and the needs of users in the aggregate, diagnose problems, analyse trends, improve the features and usability of the Services, and better understand and market to our customers and users; and
• to keep the Services safe and secure.
We may use your personal information for other purposes which are directly related to those above, as would reasonably be expected by you.
You will receive marketing messages from us if you have given your consent, if you have requested or if you use the Services to access products or experiences from us and if you have not opted out of receiving marketing messages.
KeyLink is a New Zealand based company with its head-office located in Takanini, Auckland.
The security of your personal information is imperative. We endeavour to employ world class practice standards to prevent unauthorised access and disclosure of your information.
Your personal information will be held securely via HTTPS and BitLocker. Our Backups are encrypted and we run Sophos Central.
We may store your personal information temporarily or permanently in New Zealand. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) New Zealand is considered a country which provides adequate protections for personal information, as confirmed by the European Commission in Commission Decision 2013/65/EU.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or statutory reporting requirements. For the avoidance of doubt, we may store your personal information for a period of 7 years in accordance with government department requirements in New Zealand.
KeyLink has appointed a Data Protection Privacy Officer who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can check and update the personal information you have provided to us by contacting our privacy officer at email@example.com.
If you withdraw from the KeyLink System in any form whatsoever, we will endeavour to deactivate your account as soon as reasonably practicable, and remove your personal information.
You have the option of changing your marketing preferences at any time your account remains open via account settings.
You have the following rights with regard to your personal information:
• The right to object to the processing of your personal information. We will comply with your request, unless we have a compelling overriding legitimate interest for processing or we need to continue processing your personal information to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
• The right to restrict the processing of personal information, if:
You can exercise several of your rights through the information section of your KeyLink account. To exercise your other rights you can file a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. In an effort to speed up our response, we may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request.
KeyLink relies on individuals to update us in the event of user contact or personal details changing. Individuals can do this by using their log in via the Website or by contacting KeyLink using the contact details set out below.
All individuals must ensure that, where practicable, all KeyLink-related log-on details, passwords and any other applicable access codes are kept confidential and secure at all times. You must notify us immediately if you believe that any log-on details, passwords and/or access codes have been disclosed to or accessed by any unauthorised third party.
Whenever you use our Services or visit our Website, KeyLink collects information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser version, pages of our Services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amounts of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the Website and are stored on your device's hard drive.
Our Website uses these “cookies” to collect information and to improve our Services for users (for example to temporarily remember your session in order to not ask you to fill this information again each time you visit the Website or go to one page to another). Some other cookies are used to generate statistics or to remember your preferences.
You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our Services.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
• To facilitate our Services;
• To provide the Services on our behalf;
• To perform Services-related services; or
• To assist us in analysing how our Services is used.
Our Data Privacy Officer and team have numerous processes and systems in place in the unfortunate event of a data breach occurring.
If such an event occurs, we will promptly identify, report and examine a personal data breach with our data privacy team.